AT PARK THEATER AT MONTE CARLO IN LAS VEGAS SOLD OUT IMMEDIATELY
For 311, it’s really all about creating the best music and experiences to nurture the band’s die-hard community of fans, as illustrated by recent 311 stories at NPR‘s“All Things Considered” and Stereogum.
“The MOSAIC album cover captures the spirit of the collective nature that is 311-band & fans together to form something greater than the sum of its parts,” said NICK HEXUM, frontman, singer and guitar player for 311 when the band announced their 12th studio album earlier this year. The cover is comprised of nearly 10,000 photos submitted by 311 fans (check out the interactive pan & zoom mosaic here). In that same spirit, 311 reveal today the music video for their newest single “‘Til The City’s On Fire” which was compiled from fan video submissions and live footage along the band’s Summer tour.
“Since the Musicalbum we were one of the first rock bands to drop 808’s, samples and chopped vocals into the mix. We’ve gotten away from that lately, but this song really is influenced by the latest production techniques coming out of both Jamaica and the EDM scene,” states HEXUM about “‘Til The City’s On Fire.” “I would say it’s the most club-oriented tune we’ve done.”
“It’s about getting messed up on a Friday night. Pure and simple,” he adds.
311–singer/guitarist NICK HEXUM, singer/DJ S.A. MARTINEZ, drummerCHAD SEXTON, bassistP-NUT and guitaristTIM MAHONEY–are gearing up to head out on the second leg of their Unity Tour this October in support of MOSAIC. Dates follow below. Beyond that, 311 is pleased to announce “311 DAY 2018” which will take place on Saturday, March 10 and Sunday, March 11 at Park Theater at Monte Carlo in Las Vegassold out in minutes. Look for the band to return to the road this Fall for additional live dates following their successful summer Unity Tour.
MOSAIC–released via BMG–debuted at #6 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart which marks the multi-platinum group’s 10th consecutiveTop 10 Album on the chart. Off of 311’s 10 charting albums, five have debuted at #6 on the chart or higher.
Catch 311 on tour this fall in the following cities (HERE):
I am a small business owner, freelance writer, and part-time piano instructor in Charlotte, NC. My musical career started at the age of five when I was forced into taking piano lessons. I played flute in the school band and added the guitar as a young teen. There is nothing I would rather do than be at a live show. My first concert was Shaun Cassidy at the Memorial Auditorium in Buffalo in 1978.
My top five live shows ever are:
1. Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band – Memorial Auditorium, Buffalo, NY 1984- They played for 3 ½ hours and it was awesome.
2. Carolina Rebellion- Metrolina Expo Grounds, Charlotte, NC, May, 2011 – The first ever Carolina Rebellion featured over 15 bands with Avenged Sevenfold headlining. Non-stop music for over 12 hours.
3. Chevelle- Food Lion Speed Street, Charlotte, NC, May, 2008 - The first time I ever saw Chevelle live and I was hooked!
4. Skillet with Red- Bojangle’s Coliseum, Charlotte, NC, April, 2010 – Skillet is one of my favorite bands and they totally kick it live.
5. 106.5 The End’s Weenie Roast #9- Verizon Wireless Amiptheater, Charlotte, NC , October, 2003- Featured Staind, Shinedown, Three Days Grace.